The journey of our location from 1846 - to present day in honor of all of the businesses in out location who served the Chagrin Falls community before us...
We are currently working to place a permanent display depicting the history of the building with the help of Chagrin Falls Historical Society. Updates to come!
The community of Chagrin Falls was incorporated as a village on March 12, 1844 with a population around 600. Since the construction of the building in 1846, 88 North Main Street has supported the community’s needs in a variety of ways.
1846 - early 1900s: The Harmon Barrows Harness Shop
1883: Second story added
Early - mid 1920's: Chagrin Falls Custom Tailors
1926: Paints (Stoneman Hardware)
1946 - 1966: Peters’ Bakery
1947 - 1949: Drast Greek revival with wing addition
1968 - 2006: Sassy Cat (aka The Chagrin Valley Woman’s Exchange)
2008 - present: Chagrin Arts